It seems like a simple concept. Using proper language will help people understand you. But somehow, bloggers miss out on this. I can’t tell you how many mangled, unintelligible posts I’ve run across. It’s one thing to have difficulty with a language you’re not native to. That’s understandable, acceptable even. It’s a whole other ball of wax to be careless and just slop together something to post. Okay, so I understand that you’re not always inspired to write to your blog, but that doesn’t give you the right to foist garbage on the unsuspecting public. Why is this so important?
5 Reasons Writing Proper English Will Help Your Blog
- Proper English will help people to understand you. How can anyone figure out what point you’re trying to make if they can’t understand what you’re saying? I have had to pass up great ideas because they were poorly explained. Don’t do that. Make sure that your writing is clear, understandable, and has a point. Don’t get off topic.
- Proper English will get your point across. Speaking of off topic; you have great thoughts and ideas. Don’t let language slow you down. Speak clearly with the right words, and the world will open up for you. You have a point to make, use the right words to get it across to your readers. Always remember who you’re writing for and adjust your language accordingly.
- Proper English will raise your Google rank. Yes, you read that right. Even Google knows what good language looks like. Be clear, use proper grammar and the right words, and see your rank rise. Besides, when people search in Google, they usually use common phrases. The more accurate your language is, the more likely the phrase will come up in a search.
- Proper English will help others to take you seriously. This goes along with number three. There’s no point in upping your Google rank if no one takes you seriously. You want everyone to respect you and the work you are doing, right? What better way to do that then to show them what great ideas you have and how well you can express them. I can’t take you seriously if I can’t understand half of what you are saying. Take the time to spell check and grammar check, maybe even do a read through before you post.
- Proper English helps you to grow.This will come naturally. If you express yourself well, and your ideas are good, people will come. You limit yourself with your language. English is the most widely used language on the web. If you want your blog to grow, your best bet is to write in English. The more people understand you, the more they want to read what you write. Take the time to write correctly and it will pay off.
Just changing this one simple thing can set into motion events that you can’t imagine. You want growth, you want success, and you want to share your ideas with the world. The best way to do that is by properly using language to express yourself. Once you have that down, everything else is easy. It just takes a little time and a little effort, but it will pay off in a big way.